The People Behind Our Success
At Carritec, our employees are the heart, head and soul of the company. We believe in individual empowerment by placing them in proper positions that match their skills and talents while challenging them to become the best versions of themselves. It is their engagement that allows us to offer products and services that place us well ahead of the competition.
Achieving More Together
Beyond individual growth lies cooperative efforts. We believe that when groups of committed individuals join forces, the results are unmatchable. The synergy they create among all departments of the company allows us to find the best solution to satisfy all of our customers’ requirements.
Join Our All-Star Team
We are always looking for the next bright individual to join our team and help us grow. If you’re prone to thinking outside the box, Carritec will provide you with the tools and the positive reinforcement you need to develop innovative concepts and new ideas. Browse our current position openings below to apply, or simply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep you in mind for future openings.
A drafter/ designer employ’s a range of creative design, craft and engineering skills and processes to design and shape products for a variety of applications.
Balancing innovative engineering design, functional requirements and aesthetic appeal, products are usually either for mass manufacture or for production in small quantities, and commonly fall into the following areas:
The work involves designing, drafting, testing and producing prototypes of brand new products, or making improvements to existing products.
The role demands a good knowledge and understanding of materials and production processes.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
A typical day for a drafter/ designer technician may be busy and varied and may involve one or more of the following:
- Meet with clients/ project managers to establish the design brief including the concept, performance and production criteria.
- brainstorming as part of a team ( Process planner during kick off) to develop design concepts
- sketching initial design ideas; testing the design concept by CAD
- researching materials, processes
- making samples with shop
- identifying the suitability and availability of materials;
- Producing detailed, Approval drawings; final drawings and specifications (CAD) to produce design specifications, including parts lists and costing.
- Calculating material consumption.
- list of material
- list of hardware
- Routing steps foreach drawing
- occasionally travelling to clients’ production facilities and evaluating the feasibility of production;
Knowledge and skills:
- At least 2-4 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment and knowledge of metal Fabrication techniques. Cutting machining, welding ect.
- Strong knowledge Of AutoCAD is essential and a basic knowledge of solid work is a +
- Must possess good communication skills, pay strict attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The right individual will be a self-starter and will be able to motivate and work well in a team environment and with clients
- Ability to manage his time.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- be good at freehand drawings
- be able to visualize objects in three dimensions (3D)
- have mathematical skills for making technical and financial calculations
- have a good eye for detail and design
- have a logical and practical approach
- be able to solve problems
- have good communication skills English and French
- work well in a team
- have presentation skills
Education and Experience:
- A DEC in industrial drafting, industrial design or equivalent is required.